They are persons, but they are not alive. They are dead but you must treat them as if they are alive. You respect the bodies. You don't joke about it. You don't give it a name. You respect their sanctity. You are to acknowledge that they are made in the image of God. You are to acknowledge that they are the temple of God's spirit. You are to acknowledge and respect their decision to give their bodies to be dissected for the purpose of medical learning. You are to be ethical. You are to keep your cool while dealing with them.
Welcome to the world of cadavers.
.jpg)
6 comments:
you know.some one once told me that in context,the temple of the holy spirit is the church.....why?cadavers freaking you out isit???chill brother:D
Yes I know. But the University Chaplain who was conducting the Cadaver Room Initiation Service, talked about body as temple of the holy spirit. I am merely quoting him.
huah..still got chaplin to conduct service..canggih!!!!!hahaha....we cudn be bothered here...hahahaha....aiyah,you shud have corrected him..with your ever verbous sermon:D
New Zealand mah, the so called 'Christian nation', obnoxious of its status of the first country to have civil union laws... :D
hmmm... I wonder if such respect could be given for someone who dun believe in God and the body is just a bunch of dead cells? What do your atheist friends think about such 'respect' for the dead?
I wonder if such respect could be given for someone who dun believe in God and the body is just a bunch of dead cells? What do your atheist friends think about such 'respect' for the dead?
- Very interesting questions actually. Why should we respect their body when they themselves do not have highly view on their own?
- I don't know. I think they do have such respect, though not in a religious sense, in a sense of humanistic respect. Yet, their philosophical foundations is debatable.
Post a Comment