Alan Collins...
We met near church, Auckland Baptist Tabernacle on the way back after the night service. I was surprised that we were staying at the same hostel (O Rorke Hall). Thus, we made a decision to go to church together every Sunday after dinner.
Our interaction and time spent together weren't much, its usually over a meal in the dining hall or walking together to church or sipping hot chocolate after church or we will visit each other's room. But most of the days we don't meet due to our different schedule, different interests and different involvement.
He's doing Engineering while I'm doing health sciences. He don't go online often but I go online 24/7. He's involved in the Tab's youth group, student group and young adults group, while I'm involved with BSF, OCF, Student Life and UMSA. He's Kiwi while I'm Malaysian. He speak English well, while I speak err... Malay well. (lolx, ironic... I can't speak Chinese, English or Hokkien very well, so I guess my BM is my best bet). He's the easy going type while I am the nervous-domineering-planner type.
Yet I do hope and pray that God will give us a great time together in the apartment this year. A fruitful year where we can live and work together as partners in Christ. Despite of our differences, I hope that we can find common grounds to live with, and learn from each other. May love be our motivation to press on towards greater Godliness, like iron sharpens iron and greater love for people, especially the city-dwellers and students who will be living around us.
Dear Alan and my other housemates Mel and Natty, if you happen to read this post, I am now very excited and at the same time grateful to know you guys. Simple ordinary people who want to make a difference in your lives and the lives of people around you. "You guys rock!".
Our interaction and time spent together weren't much, its usually over a meal in the dining hall or walking together to church or sipping hot chocolate after church or we will visit each other's room. But most of the days we don't meet due to our different schedule, different interests and different involvement.
He's doing Engineering while I'm doing health sciences. He don't go online often but I go online 24/7. He's involved in the Tab's youth group, student group and young adults group, while I'm involved with BSF, OCF, Student Life and UMSA. He's Kiwi while I'm Malaysian. He speak English well, while I speak err... Malay well. (lolx, ironic... I can't speak Chinese, English or Hokkien very well, so I guess my BM is my best bet). He's the easy going type while I am the nervous-domineering-planner type.
Yet I do hope and pray that God will give us a great time together in the apartment this year. A fruitful year where we can live and work together as partners in Christ. Despite of our differences, I hope that we can find common grounds to live with, and learn from each other. May love be our motivation to press on towards greater Godliness, like iron sharpens iron and greater love for people, especially the city-dwellers and students who will be living around us.
Dear Alan and my other housemates Mel and Natty, if you happen to read this post, I am now very excited and at the same time grateful to know you guys. Simple ordinary people who want to make a difference in your lives and the lives of people around you. "You guys rock!".
Hope to see you soon, and together we shall rock Empire apartments!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment