One of the good books that I have read recently is this book by Martin Goldsmith. Bought it when I was in Sydney, Australia for the International Christian Medical and Dental Association World Congress (before you exclaim fuiyo! let me tell you that it was 'boring' and was almost a waste of my AUD500 if I did not meet a bunch of great friends over there). Will blog about the event some time in the future.
I do not want to comment much about the book, but I am very impressed by the way the writer wrote about changing trends in world missions and how we run our ministries, in a post-modern context, while protecting our evangelical heritage. Its worth buying and reading it for only £9.99 (about RM70, very 'cheap' loh). One of the reviews can be read here.
One section that I like is "Goldsmith points out that although the world has changed, this creates both new challenges and new opportunities. Thoughtful Christians should recognise that God is on the move in new places, embrace the possibility of new technologies, seek out the mission field in the great cities and the overseas student population – and then proclaim Christ as the way to salvation."
.jpg)
4 comments:
martin goldsmith is a great mission worker in indonesia for a long while, if not mistaken
He got comment on his ministry in Malaysia too, on Chinese-Malay relations which is too culturally set apart, which becomes the stumbling block in the Malaysian church.
he got it nailed on the head.. we have failed to love our neighbors. Period. Guilty as charged
No penalty, however. We are saved through grace.
Post a Comment