Saturday, February 02, 2008

Year of the Rat


Chinese New Year of the Rat is coming soon. But it is rather unfortunate that won't be able to be at home with family and friends, wandering in some foreign land where people have weird practices like eating Marmite on toast and don't need to pay highway tolls.

Omens for the coming year seems exciting with the latest news of a Zoo in Johor having three new Siberian tiger cubs prior to the coming of the Rat year. I am not that superstitious, but I wonder what conclusion would Feng Shui masters would boil up? Would I be able to get married and have a triplet children in 2008? Or probably three cubs might mean, three curses of which I have to pay RM1000 each for some curse-breaking ceremonies in Thailand? Or three lucky strikes in Toto or Magnum? (I would love that).

And this Feng Shui practitioner predicted a rather pessimistic outlook for Tigers in 2008, what a good way to start a new year!

OVERALL YEARLY FORTUNE
Setbacks are forecast for people born in the year of the Tiger. Their luck cycle is unstable and they are face with disturbances and disruptions in business. 2008 can be termed as a year of endurance for people born under this zodiac. They have to keep their tempers in check and try not to be rash.

WEALTH LUCK
Tigers could be plagued with loss of wealth, malefactors, gossips, injuries and illnesses which would affect wealth luck. There is financial instability in the year of the Rat. Tiger people should manage their wealth prudently. They must practise caution when it comes to money matters or making investments. However, wealth luck picks up after the eighth lunar month.

(aww... I was hoping my meagre student allowance would increase. La, now I have to eat porridge everyday liao, to save for rainy days ahead. And oh yeah, I must buy Toto at the 8th month. Hahaha.)

ROMANCE LUCK
This is also not a good year for romance. Good relationship is hindered and even marriages of Tiger people have setbacks. They might have a tendency to quarrel and be affected by malefactors (xiao ren). There is some romance luck in the fifth and tenth lunar month.

(you mean... I can get girlfriends only in June and November, and I can only pick up ugly girls? Where got fair like that??!$#@ I hate being a tiger!)

HEALTH LUCK
Health luck is not that good either. Sleep is affected and this might result in illness and also be extra careful when it comes to food hygiene. They should also be carful when driving as there are indications of bloodshed.

(I need to buy more sleeping pills this year. No more energy drinks for me and no more Marmite. Cannot drive, cannot take the bus, cannot fly, cannot walk too... who knows a bird might defecate on me and cause me heart attack.

Hey that means I don't need to go to class anymore, yay!)

No comments: