Saturday, June 02, 2007

Indian Christian Identity

"Enough is enough. I have to say it: Indians can be Christians; Christians can be Indians. As obvious as this sounds to many people, it’s not obvious to other quarters.... I reject any claim to take away my Indian nationality from me. I am, and will be, truly and fully Indian.

... the purpose of this site is more to continue to discover the Christian implications of my God-given identity as an Indian, as a citizen of this country and an inhabitant of this world. For me, both Indian and Christian are not contradictions, but one of the many crucial descripters of a person. I am both a Christian and an Indian, though I also know that sometimes these simply become labels. For indeed it is often our actions and our character that reveals more correctly who we really are.

I want to rediscover and proclaim anew my Christian (theological) views about being Indian and about issues that concern us; and I also want to rediscover my Indian perspectives about Christian theology and other related issues that concern me.

I fully support freedom and regeneration, I fully reject forceful and bribed conversions. I will not let anyone take my country away from me. And I will continue to hold on to faith in my God. And so I reject passive silence. And I embrace active engagement with culture, love and service for humanity, protection and nurture of all creation, worship and prayer"

-- paraphrased from Nayk

No comments: