I have quite an affinity with Catholicism from my first experience of being told off for taking Eucharist without being baptised (into the catholic church), into arguing and representing an ecumenical voice for church-going rights together with a bunch of committed Catholics in PLKN camp (National Service), having one of my best friends becoming a catholic, spending quality time with Johnathan Chong quite a bit (in 2004), readings and wikipedia-ing about church history, saints and traditions, and also getting to know the recent few figures and the engagement of the catholic church (people like Fr. OC Lim, Pope John Paul, Mother Teresa etc.)with the world in issues of moral clarity, social justice, mercy and inter-cultural dialogue. Many a times I am blown away with the depth, the clarity, the mystery, the moderate-ness, the contemplation, theological and practical contextualisation and the apostolic succession of which Catholic spirituality presents.
However my affirmation towards Catholicism doesn't mean that I am disoriented with my own evangelical tradition, but rather I see both enrich and complement each other (despite of some fundamental differences) even as I embark on the journey towards "knowing God, enjoying Him forever and making Him known".
There is few links that I found out today
Father Christopher Wee from Kuala Terengganu in his blog, Chris Signature! Hehe, I like everything Terengganu-an including kerepok lekor. Attended his mass during christmas last year and it was refreshing to see kain songket on the pulpit, gloria patri sung in Kadazandusun and the depth of his christmas homily. Anak ganu.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment