A few months ago, my classmate Nadia while having lunch with me, asked why am I not a believer (in Islam) despite having acquainted myself with it? Kadok, my old classmate in college sometimes asked me jokingly through IM, when are am I becoming a Muslim (I joked back saying it depends on how he defines one ala-UMNO or PAS?).
It is a simple and profound question, and has been lingering in my mind. As follower of Christ in interaction with my friends who do not subscribe to my faith, I need to justify myself for choosing Jerusalem rather than Mecca. Here are some of my issues.
- The lack of scriptural, theological and historical continuity
- The limited eschatological outlook of the narrative
- The semi-legalistic approach to salvation
- The lack of honest intellectual introspection
- Unconvincing assurance of salvation
I need to also reflect back the questions to my readers and friends, why are you not a Christian?
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment