I was never a popular person, shy, introverted and sometimes timid in certain situations.
I don't get along with people that easily, nor find talking to people as easy as breathing. I struggle with starting and maintaining conversation. I struggle to maintain and deepen my friendship with others. I struggle to find common ground to relate with people. I made many acquaintances, but few close friends. I am sad that my close friends come and go.
Someone said that "9 out of 10 things in life, is by just showing up".
I struggle to attend social functions. I loathe spending many hours in birthday parties and meeting a crowd which may not necessarily be genuine in conversing. I don't really go for activities organised by friends, not because I don't like hanging out with them, just that I need time for myself and my flatmates.
But one thing I know, that my worth is not dependant on how popular I am or how many friends I made, but the unconditional love that Jesus had shown me, by dying on the cross for me.
Companionship come and go like wind, but my God is eternal, unchanging, faithful, trustworthy, intimate, my buddy. My God is more satisfying than a friend, a wife, even more than a mistress. In Him alone, my deepest longings for friendship, belonging, love and the meaning of life are fulfilled.
Saturday, July 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
6 comments:
wow
nice to see a personal blogpost!
hehe.. altho all those other "general posts" might be very personal to u too.. but yeah, amen to that brother!
:) The pic with dark glasses look cool ma
:-) sounds like you have reached my age already...dont like birthday parties, etc...
ej: Other 'general posts' are personal to me too.
Hedonese: Cool.
Kar Yong: Hahaha, I agree. Birthday parties are a waste of time.
"Companionship come and go like wind, but my God is eternal, unchanging, faithful, trustworthy, intimate, my buddy. My God is more satisfying than a friend, a wife, even more than a mistress. In Him alone, my deepest longings for friendship, belonging, love and the meaning of life are fulfilled."
Very true and beautiful..
but at the same time..
"It's not good for man to be alone. When one falls down, the other can pick him up" =)
Just a thought.
I wonder whether the verse actually speaks about husband-wife relationship or peer relationship. Probably our bible scholar here, Kar Yong can help with that?
Post a Comment