Saturday, September 09, 2006

John Calvin - Father of the Reformed Faith

John Calvin

John Calvin
Father of the Reformed Faith

In my Bijisawi blog, I posted my quiz result "Which theologian are you?" and I got John Calvin. I am pretty much influenced by his theology which I collected from my upbringing in Air Jernih Presbyterian Church, Kuala Terengganu. Although there is no explicit teaching on the Institutes of the Christian Religion, or Calvinistic Theology, the conversations on the understanding of God, human nature, salvation and church government, in my home church is very much influenced by John Calvin.

Only in this year I managed to learn more about John Calvin, the Puritan Movement, John Knox, George Whitefield, Johnathan Edwards, Karl Barth and John Piper. Thanks to the Agora, Microsoft Encarta, Wikipedia, Hsen Han and Tania for sparking this interest in me to learn more. Though my understanding of Calvin's teaching is still very limited apart from the 5 solas, predestination and the tension with Arminianism, this article from CT is very interesting and informative. Read more

No comments: