Perhaps our heroes of faith must not be based on giants of faith of the past like Charles and John Wesleys, or even Martin Luther, or even Watchman Nee or Jim Elliot or even the early church during the Roman empire. But let us be come to see for ourselves the unsung heroes of our days, heroes within our generation, heroes that are willing to stand firm for the faith they have in Christ Jesus no matter how insignificant they are. My salute and honour goes to Abdul Rahman for his firm conviction that nothing in this world, even death can separate him from the truth of God.
Forsaken by his own family, accused by his people, mocked and insulted, Abdul Rahman must have done a lot of 'weight-lifting' through out the 12 years of his salvation, counting the cost of such a extraordinary and radical choice of following Christ. Even as he is charged in the Afghan court, he said he chooses this path and is willing to die for it. He is no lesser Muslim or an infidel, he is just a person that 'submits his life to God' through the Messiah (A Muslim means one who submit himself to God).
How I wish that all could rise up from their complacency, to see the harsh reality of following Christ, the narrow path. I wish that they will begin to look for things that really matters in life; not success, nor wealth, nor comfort, nor health, nor glory, nor anything else but an eternity with the Saviour. Blessed assurance!
Luk 9:57-62 As they went on their way, a man said to Jesus, "I will follow you wherever you go." (58) Jesus said to him, "Foxes have holes, and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lie down and rest." (59) He said to another man, "Follow me." But that man said, "Sir, first let me go back and bury my father." (60) Jesus answered, "Let the dead bury their own dead. You go and proclaim the Kingdom of God." (61) Someone else said, "I will follow you, sir; but first let me go and say good-bye to my family." (62) Jesus said to him, "Anyone who starts to plow and then keeps looking back is of no use for the Kingdom of God."
Luk 12:51-53 Do you suppose that I came to bring peace to the world? No, not peace, but division. (52) From now on a family of five will be divided, three against two and two against three. (53) Fathers will be against their sons, and sons against their fathers; mothers will be against their daughters, and daughters against their mothers; mothers-in-law will be against their daughters-in-law, and daughters-in-law against their mothers-in-law."
Joh 12:24-25 I am telling you the truth: a grain of wheat remains no more than a single grain unless it is dropped into the ground and dies. If it does die, then it produces many grains. (25) Those who love their own life will lose it; those who hate their own life in this world will keep it for life eternal.
Mat 10:17-22 Watch out, for there will be those who will arrest you and take you to court, and they will whip you in the synagogues. (18) For my sake you will be brought to trial before rulers and kings, to tell the Good News to them and to the Gentiles. (19) When they bring you to trial, do not worry about what you are going to say or how you will say it; when the time comes, you will be given what you will say. (20) For the words you will speak will not be yours; they will come from the Spirit of your Father speaking through you. (21) "People will hand over their own brothers to be put to death, and fathers will do the same to their children; children will turn against their parents and have them put to death. (22) Everyone will hate you because of me. But whoever holds out to the end will be saved.

.jpg)
1 comment:
I love Watchman Nee!
His stuff has impacted me in such a deep way, I don't think I even understand it. I have read most of his books and have been so encouraged by his personal walk with Jesus. He was something special.
I am a musician and WN has inspired many of my songs. I would be honored if you would check out my music on my site. All my music is free for download. Anyway, I just thought that I'd share.
Thanks,
-Sean
________________________
www.SeanDietrich.com
"All my music is free for download."
Post a Comment